Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how do you motivate your crew?

Default how do you motivate your crew?

i realise we are all flying for very different airlines,different personalities,customs etc,but how do you go about motivating your team for lets say a thirteen day trip?none of you have met before,you walk into the briefing room and.......(you are the sccm}

Default Re: how do you motivate your crew?

hi, there!

that's right! in some way our job differs. for example we have only short one-day flights and we're all back home on the same day. we have a fleet of seven a/c, so crewmembers know each other very well.

but i look forward to seeing many replies to your topic as it is an interesting one.

/oxy

brownbob
    I guess motivation is a valid point to discuss, and maybe more from a purser/cabin or inflight services manager point of view - being the leader of the cabin crew. Reckon their leadership is the key word in this regard.

Other important points:
    *working with and meeting new crew members can be a motivator itself
    *the individuals' motivation for the job and its features should make up a highly motivated team/crew

We are given a 2 day Crew Resource Management course every year. It kind of helps everyone get on the same page at the beginning of each pairing. It is taken with pilots aswell. It is meant to keep the communication with each other very open and set the tone for the shift But a thirteen day pairing that would be hard to get motivated for

I for example feel well motivated and looking forward to fly with anyone, or let's say with SCCM or Purser who comes into the briefing room smiling, who smiles during the whole flight, who are easy-going etc. At the end of the day if you are well motivated as SCCM - your crew will be motivated, I understand you msut be serious at this job, but i think, a bit of fun does not disturb anyone. When you smile to your crew and speak to them and be open with them, then your crew like you and also try to be as nice in the cabin as you. Well motivated and happy crew make pax happy. And while being nice to crew, you can arrange doing things together even on 13 days trip. Of course we all people and we have good days and bad days, but hey once again when you see your SCCM in the cabin who is very motivated and looking after you, then you do the job properly. I am sorry if someone does not agree with me, but hey this is only my opinion.

I totally agree with you.

Showing up in a good mood with a congenial attitude, willing to work with people rather than against them...that goes a long way.

I dunno... I think being dressed in 6" stiletto, platformed, thigh-high boots, a harness, nipple clamps, crotchless panties, and a big bull whip is the best motivator of all!

Well that would give me an excuse to buy that leather FA uniform I've been eyeing...and the bull whip could be used on those whiny passengers, too. Hrm...

hey calflyboy,i dont know which freaky airline your with,but it sounds GREAT any vacencies BB.

Wearing leather and carring the bull whip would be great!! would save me changing...hahahahahaha

But I take the good old bribe of Chocky...The best FA of the leg gets a 200Gram block of Cadbury Chocky .. and for those diet types... A block of 200grm chocky..it works..

But I feel that many airlines you should be able to nominate a work mate and have a half yearly draw.. but not forgetting to let them know of their nomination and why.. would also be great for customer service