Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flight Attendant Licence-- which countries?

Default Flight Attendant Licence-- which countries?

Hello,

I am just curious to know which countries require their flight attendants to hold an actual "Flight Attendant Licence," issued by the country's aviation regulatory authority (FAA, CAA, etc), just like that held by pilots and mechanics? Specifically, I am hoping to hear what what the situation is in the USA, Canada, and other European countries, but would be happy to hear what the status is in any other country around the world.

For example, from what I know:

Oman, Mexico, and Nicaragua require Flight Attendants to hold a licence.

Bahrain does not.

Thanks in advance for all replies.

Canada does not license cabin crew.

In the US, you can find information on the flight attendant certificate of demonstrated proficiency (it's not a license) at this link:

FSAT 04-07 Flight Attendant Certification

In France, the DGAC issues flight attendant licenses but I don't have the direct link just now.

In South Africa, the CAA issues flight attendant licences:

South African Civil Aviation Authority Online

The ITF also made a representation to ICAO a few years ago to have the issue of cabin crew certification reviewed for possible incorporation in the SARPs:

Agenda Item 17: Enhancement of ICAO Standards

I know that in Brazil F/A's are licenced, they go through initial through the military and then go through company and type training with the airline that hires them after they get their licence.

Russia as well requires F/A's to hold a licence.

I think that it is a good idea personally - seems alot more consistant.
    Préparez-vous à la robe de départ et de croix!

Talking

Since I worked for LAN, I know that in Argentina, Chile, Peru and Ecuador, flight attendants get licences.
    "Sans toi, les emotions daujourdhui ne seraient que la peau morte des emotions dautrefois" - Hipolito

visit my webpage http://www.stillontime.cjb.net

LaPola --

I'm interested to know if the flight attendant licenses are transferable from one airline to another, or are they only valid for one airline? For instance, if a flight attendant has a license and works for Airline A, if she leaves and then goes to Airline B, is the same license still good there, or does she have to get a new license? (I mean when the two airlines are in the same country.)
    Dr. Bobbie Sullivan

Crew health & stress research -- http://AircrewHealth.com

Smile

WELL.. I never worked as a flight attendant, so Im not 100% sure. A friend who still works there, as a flight attendant, says that LAN`s crew, get two licences: one for Ecuador, and one for Chile. With these, they can travel to any LAN destination, besides, in their passports they hold special crew visas por europe and the United States. If im not mistaken they can transfer, because when LAN is hiring, on the newspaper they publish that if you have flying licence, even better.

Ill double check for you tomorrow that Im on dutty! hope this answered your question!
    "Sans toi, les emotions daujourdhui ne seraient que la peau morte des emotions dautrefois" - Hipolito

visit my webpage http://www.stillontime.cjb.net

In Italy F/As hold a licence too.

I hold an FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) license, and I work for an airline based in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by EWRbasedFA View Post
    I hold an FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) license, and I work for an airline based in the USA.
    As I posted above, the FAA does not license flight attendants. Rather, it is a "certificate of demonstrated proficiency". Someday, maybe, it will be incorporated into the FARs where it belongs. 14 CFR Part 65 (which is the likely Part where such a rule would be inserted) currently only applies to:

(a) Air-traffic control-tower operators.
    (b) Aircraft dispatchers.
    (c) Mechanics.
    (d) Repairmen.
    (e) Parachute riggers.

Default flt att license???

CD is correct. Actually repairman certs are only good for a particular discipline i.e. Avionics etc...and are not transferable..meaning if you move to another carrier the airline will have to reapply to get you a repairman cert for that particualr airline. The f/a "license" per se works the same way it is not transferable. My opinion is anything that is not portable is not really a license and or certificate.